Ethiopia, officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, is a captivating country nestled in the Horn of Africa, boasts a rich tapestry of history, diverse cultures, and breathtaking landscapes.
Addis Ababa (meaning ‘New flower’ in Amharic) is the capital of Ethiopia and a Hub of Africa as it is a seat for the African Union Commission (AUC), more than 20 UN agencies including the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), the Pan-African chamber of commerce and industries and other many international and regional organizations; hence making Addis one of the top diplomatic cities in the world.
- Click to the website https://www.evisa.gov.et/information/conferenceVisa
- Read general requirements
- Go to Business Visa and select Workshop/Conference Visa – CV
- Read the requirements for the workshop /conference visa
- We will provide you invitation letter as per your request on firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Under normal circumstances, the processing time for Workshop/Conference Visa – CV is 3 days. So, travelers should submit their application at least 3 days before their estimated date of arrival
- The Validity of the Visa starts counting from the date intended to enter Ethiopia.
- For single entry 30-days conference visa, the application fee is 52 USD.
- Conference Visa cannot be extended.
Welcome to Ethiopian E-Visa
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ETHIOPIAN E-VISA
- Nationals of African States who can’t make e-Visa payment online can apply online and make the payment on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in cash.
- Please carefully read and comply to the important notices and guidelines stated in each step of the application form.
- The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia not from date of issue.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
- e-Visa application fees are not refundable
- A passport size photo and scanned copy of passport is required.
- People with dual nationality should choose the nationality according to the passport to be used for the travel.
- Note that business visa is not issued to individuals under the age of 18. Parents who come to Ethiopia with business visa along with their children can apply tourist visa for their children.
- Please note that we do not accept credit card payment transactions of applicants originating from the below countries effective 18 November 2020.
Workshop/Conference Visa - CV
A conference visa is issued to those who wish to visit Ethiopia for International conferences provided that they have an invitation to the conference, seminar or workshop being organized in Ethiopia by a Ministry or Department of the Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Regional State Governments, Educational Institutions and Universities or organizations owned by the private sector or by the Government of Ethiopia, United Nations or its specialized agencies, African Union or reputed NGOs.
- Recent passport-size photo, copy of passport of the applicant
- Passport of the visa applicant which is valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry to Ethiopia.
- Invitation letter
- Valid for at least 6 months from the intended entry date to Ethiopia and invitation letter are required.
Any legal private company registered and based in Ethiopia
- Application letter written by the inviting company to the Immigration And Citizenship Service of Ethiopia.
- Business License(renewed for the fiscal year) of the inviting company.
- Taxpayer Identification Number(TIN) certificate(renewed for the fiscal year) of the inviting company.
- Invitation Letter issued by the inviting company/organization to the participant should describe the conference briefly such as conference name, start date, end date and venue.
- Note verbal is a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia to the Immigration and Citizenship Service stating that an organization/company has officially requested for visa.